Jan 25, 2011

Kristen and Kevin - A Christmas Wedding

Kristen and Kevin wanted a snowy Christmas wedding, and that's exactly what they got! That, and a lot of cheer from their friends and family on their big day.

Planning a wedding around the holidays can be a challenge, but the couple did an amazing job with the help of their families. All of the details were well thought out, putting that special taste of Christmas in the air...and into your mouth too! Literally. There was an exquisite candy bar for all of the guest for after dinner, which will always score you cool points in my book.

But what made this wedding even more special and personal to Shi and I is that Kristen is one of Shiloh's child hood friends from school! And it is always fun for us to be able to hang out with and shoot such cool people.

But I would have to say that one of my fondest memories of this wedding was actually the speech that Kristen's dad, Jim, gave before dinner. First of all, I've always enjoy hearing what fathers have to say about their daughters on their wedding day. Possibly because I am soon to be a father of 3 daughters. Or maybe it's because I just love hearing fathers affirm their daughters with genuineness and love. Maybe both. But I think I liked Jim's speech so much because he did it with style, the style I imagine I will use when my daughters get married. He addressed the crowed and told how much he cherished his daughter and how he had always been her super hero. And that now Kevin would be stepping in to be her super hero. And then he took his super hero cape and bestowed it to Kevin. Simple and classic.

One last unique detail to their wedding was the brew. For you see, Kevin makes his own. And it was good. My brother in laws have brewed quite a bit of brew in the past several years. So I know how much work and detail goes into every batch. And the fact that he brewed enough just for his wedding was glorious in my eyes. Not to mention he has actually won several awards down in Charlotte where they live. So if you want to try some amazing home brew, I would definitely call Kevin.



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment